The Max Planck Alumni Association (MPAA) is a non-profit organization developing and sustaining a world-wide community of alumni and alumnae of the Max Planck Society.
The association is envisioned as a highly international, modern and active community promoting and supporting innovative thinking, knowledge and experience exchange, and is the largest alumni organization for a non-university research institution.
The mission of the organization is to
- Facilitate its members to stay in contact with their former Institute, and be updated on the activities of the Society,
- Foster the free access to knowledge, promote science communication to the public, and favour interdisciplinary exchange as part of the philosophy of the Max Planck Society,
- Provide its members with services and support, e.g. access to online journals after they leave the Institute, an eduroam connection, etc.
- Support its members in the transition between academia and the job market, through the collection of information on different career paths, the realization of mentoring programs, fostering and ensuring a constant interchange between alumni/ae and scientific staff,
- Realize an electronic database of all alumni and alumnae of the Max Planck Society, and provide its member with the necessary infrastructure to keep in contact.